DECIMATED – COMMUNITY CODE OF CONDUCT
Welcome to the Decimated community! We want this community for you to be a friendly environment to discuss ideas, give game play advice, role-play, and converse about any other aspects of our game with other players, interact with our staff members and discuss Decimated with other members of the community. Communities are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating. The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behaviour is expected of you and what behaviour you can expect from other community members. Your participation constitutes acceptance and agreement to this Code of Conduct.
1. Your opinion – My Opinion
You are welcome to disagree with anything you are exposed to. There will be a lot of things to disagree with, both amongst yourselves, and with the Fracture Labs development and community teams. And, that’s okay! Just remember to keep your disagreements respectful, courteous, and polite.
2. Be Constructive
We ask that you stay on-topic, offer constructive feedback about the topic, and about Decimated. Non-constructive feedback doesn't help anyone and often devolves otherwise great threads into flame wars. Please try to make your posts as informative as possible, only offering constructive and valuable feedback.
3. No Personal Attacks
Diversity is the cornerstone of all of our community efforts, and we all need to practice EXTREME tolerance. That means treating everyone with respect, regardless of the things that may make us different. Name calling, especially those unforgivable ones (c'mon, you know what we mean!), will earn you a fast way out of here.
4. Colourful Language
We all like to get a little creative with our language sometimes. Everyone does. But, there is a time and a place for bad language and this ain't it. So while we don't mind the occasional frack, heck, gorram, or 大象爆炸式的拉肚子, we need you to remember this community is for everyone.
We know that we'll have our fair share of trolls. Sometimes, those trolls will be funny and funny is awesome! But rudeness won’t be tolerated. Being mean to any members of the community, berating those in need, or just being downright hostile is a sure-fire way to find yourself on the outside looking in.
Remember, the Guidelines are always changing and the Code of Conduct is always being updated. As such, the rules above are a general guideline and we just started coming up with more below, so keep scrolling. The following categories include both, clear and masked language as well as links to websites containing content such as the one listed below, but are not limited to those examples!
Violations of the Code of Conduct
Racial / Ethnic Images and Slurs
- Promoting hatred against any race or ethnicity
- Topics that are recognized as a racial or ethnic slur or
- Alluding to a symbol of racial or ethnic hatred
- Reference to violence in any capacity that is not directly related to the game world
Distribution of Real-Life Personal Information
- Releasing any real-life information about yourself, other players or Fracture Labs employees
Posting Cheats, Hacks or Malicious Programs
- Posting links to cheats, hacks, or malicious viruses and/or programs
- If you would like to report information regarding cheats, hacks, or exploits to Fracture Labs, please write to us via email@example.com or contact us on Decimated Official Discord: https://discord.gg/n9NNpHV
Impersonating a Fracture Labs Employee
- Passing yourself off as a Fracture Labs employee
Obscene, vulgar or inappropriate Language and/or Images
- Inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions
- Content that is pornographic in nature
- Bypassing the mature language filter Harassing or Defamatory Content
- Insultingly referring to other characters, players, Fracture Labs employees, or groups of people
- Ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Fracture Labs employees, or groups of people
Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific community member with harassing posts can lead to more severe actions. We don't like bullies, you know!
Politics, Religion, and Sexual Content
- All topics above are banned from being brought up in any discussion Illegal Activities
- References to performing or planning illegal activities or activities that may violate any local, state, national, or international laws or regulations
Spamming, Trolling, or Topic Bumping
- Creating threads or posts for the sole purpose of causing unrest
- Causing disturbances in threads – this can include: picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
- Making non-constructive posts - such as bumping threads, excessively posting the same, or similar phrases, fad statements (TLDR, IBTL etc.) or pure gibberish.
- Any non-beneficial, non-Decimated businesses, organizations, or websites
Discussing Disciplinary Actions
- Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against an account or player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM) and alike Circumventing a Suspension / Ban
- Posting on another account
- Having someone post on your behalf
If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
*Be temporarily banned
*Be given a final warning, after which any further Code of Conduct violations may result in a permanent ban
*Be permanently banned
Fracture Labs reserves the right to suspend your access at any time for reasons that include, but are not limited to, your failure to abide by this Code of Conduct.
Fracture Labs and its Community Team also reserves the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis, and have full discretion when addressing any behaviour that they determine is inappropriate.
Should you wish to discuss any disciplinary measures against your account, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any finalized decision may be based on the offending posters past history. The bottom line is that we want Decimated to be a fun and safe environment for all players, regardless of their different experiences and backgrounds.
That’s all we ask. Doing so will make this game a great place for everyone - it’s up to you!
Diana “Xaiydee” Boden Community Manager